WiredContact Release Notes and Change Log
Version 2004.10.04 - 2004.11.07 (WiredContact for ACT! was discontinued in 2007. You may still purchase licenses for WiredContact for ACT!, but we strongly recommend you upgrade to WiredContact Enterprise)
Version 2004.10.03 (Released 4/26/2006)
- New features for WiredContact for ACT! are being phased out over time as we prepare for the launch of the new version of WiredContact, WiredContact Enterprise. We will not be detailing specific version changes for WCA moving forward. To find out more about WiredContact Enterprise (WCE), please call 888.433.2891, or send an email to email@example.com
Version 2004.10.02 (Released 4/25/2006)
- Bug introduced in version 2004.10.01 where the <#params tag wasn't working correctly for Editor letters using external database access. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.10.01 (Released 4/18/2006)
- Bug introduced in version 2004.10.01 would cause activities for some users to not show up on the tasklist and calendar. This has been fixed.
- Bug introduced in version 2004.10.01 would cause security restrictions for some users to be more restrictive (not show some contacts that they should see). This has been fixed.
- External database links for standard letter templates were not working correctly. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.30 (Released 4/7/2006)
Will only affect customizations if you have modified the setsave(), dosave(), getx() and gety() functions in the jscript.js file.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have modified these functions and wish to keep those modifications.
- Bug introduced sometime in the past few updates would cause the IIS process to lockup occasionally and unpredictably. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.29 (Released 3/29/2006)
- Bug introduced sometime last fall with the Email dialog - if you didn't have any
options set, the "From" address would always show - and if you changed the "From" address -
it would change the email address on the user's my record. This has been fixed so that
the default behavior is to show the "From" line if the user does not have an email
address on their My Record, and their My Record will be updated with the email address
from the "From" line when the email is sent. If a user has an email address on their
My Record - the default behavior will not show the "From" line.
You can add options=s to the <#SendFrom tags to always show the from line as free form text. If you do this
the user's My Record will be updated with the "From" line address when the email is sent.
You can add options=m to the <#SendFrom tags to show a drop down of existing user - and you can change the "From" line
to any of these users. The My Record of the user would NOT be updated in this case.
You can add options=f to the <#SendFrom tags to use a static list from a text file for the drop down of available from lines. Search for "SendFrom" below to see an example. Using options=f will NOT update the user's My Record with the address from the "From" line.
Version 2004.09.28 (Released 3/22/2006)
Version 2004.09.27 (Released 2/24/2006)
- Some locations were having trouble with the ShortDateFormat sticking when using the <#Locale tag - this has been updated to reset the ShortDateFormat everytime the application is called - instead of when the dll loads into IIS.
Version 2004.09.26 (Released 2/22/2006)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in version 2004.09.26 would automatically check the "Send email" checkbox when scheduling an activity. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.25 (Released 2/17/2006)
- Updated - The <#Calculate tag now includes a zeroformat="#" parameter, which enables you to show a blank if the value is zero.
- Updated - You may now modify the <#reschedule tag to include sendemail=yes or sendemail=checked to show the "Send email" checkbox when rescheduling activities.
Version 2004.09.24 (Released 2/16/2006)
- Fixed - Issues with Contact Reports where the users are specified (for example, the Contact Activity report wizard) and other scoping criteria are used - this has been fixed.
- Fixed - If you used "actweb.dll" in a report to produce a link by hand, it was being removed. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.23 (Released 2/7/2006)
Version 2004.09.22 (Released 2/2/2006)
- Fixed - For long notes and history (more than 2000 characters) - a specific character sequence would cause the user to receive a "line too long" error on the notes or history tab. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.21 (Released 2/1/2006)
- Updated - In some cases, when setting up a new wired site, there may be a 30 second lag time when you first go to the site. This no longer happens.
Version 2004.09.20 (Released 1/30/2006)
- Fixed - When using MS Access as an external-connected database, if your MS Access tables have field names with spaces in them, the column sorts in the dbQuery/dbLookup would not work. This has been fixed. Note - WiredContact support does not feel that using spaces or other non-alpha characters in field or table names is appropriate. You can change the way the field labels appear to the end user in a variety of ways. Spaces and non-alpha characters in field/table names should be avoided.
Version 2004.09.19 (Released 1/26/2006)
- Fixed - When creating a new contact, if the email address was left blank, a blank email address was added to the ACT! tables. This caused an issue with looking for blank email addresses with ACT!. This has been fixed.
- Added - For the <#Email tag, the nohistory=yes parameter will allow you to send email without recording the email to history.
- Fixed - When using the External db Query/Reports, the format=user parameter for the <Contact tag would not show the correct Record Manager name. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - when using the External db Report wizard, The Sort fields would sometimes show as blank - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.18 (Released 1/19/2006)
- Fixed - In previous versions, if your drop downs for Sales/Product and Sales/Type were larger than a few hundred items, you would get a "Line too long" error message in the New/Modify sales dialog. This has been fixed.
- Added - For the Lookup.html, you can add NarrowLookup=y and NarrowLookupLabel="Narrow Lookup Label" to the <#Lookup tag. This will give you a checkbox to lookup within a lookup.
- Fixed - When using the External db Query/Reports, using the <<#acttable tag with the actfield=x parameter to specify a different field to connect back to the contact than the contact uniqueid field wasn't working properly. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - when using the External db Reports, added the <#actfield value=x> tag to allow you to specify another field other than the contact uniqueid to link back to the contact. See above.
Version 2004.09.17 (Released 1/16/2006)
Version 2004.09.16 (Released 12/29/2005)
- Updated - the <&Input tag for external databases supports the format=number mask="##.00" type formatting. Be carefule that you don't establish a format that your external database can't save. Check the WiredContact Errors.log file for error information if values aren't saving.
Version 2004.09.15 (Released 12/22/2005)
- Fixed - On the email dialog, the mini lookup for To, CC and BCC was pulling from the wrong field, this has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.14 (Released 12/08/2005)
- Fixed - Reports: When using non contact reports, an extra carriage return was being added for every line in the report. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - In rare cases, a user would get the "Line too long" error message on report wizard dialogs. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.13 (Released 12/07/2005)
- Fixed - Reports: When using summary section in a contact report, the last grouping in the report would have a summary break before the final contact in the report - even if it should have been grouped with the previous section. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.12 Update (Released 11/21/2005)
- Fixed - in rare cases, Report Wizard dialogs would have "Line too long" errors - this has been fixed
- Fixed - Reports: when using <#count field=34 test="customer"> tags in <#Total and <#Summary sections, the value in the test parameter had to be lower case. This has been fixed.
- Added - Reports: when using <#count field=34 test="customer"> tags in <#Total and <#Summary sections, you can use simple wild cards in the test parameter - for example cust* would match any ID/Status that started with the letters cust. Or c*r would match any ID/Status that started with c and ended with r.
- Added - when using <#field field=34 test1="customer" val1=Yes else=No> tags for displaying field data, you can use simple wild cards in the testx parameter. for example cust* would match any valye starting with the letters cust. Or c*r would match any values that started with c and ended with r.
Version 2004.09.12 (Released 11/18/2005)
- Updated - The AutoBackup now includes a service application that can be installed as a service. (use the Install/Uninstall .bat files in the Autobackup folder to install the service) The service application uses the settings stored in the AutoBackup.exe application. Make sure you install the service from the same folder that you launch your AutoBackup from, the settings are stored in that folder. The WCAutobackup service backs up and emails files at 3 am.
Version 2004.09.11 (Released 11/10/2005)
- Fixed - A bug in the day calendar, day continued section would cause excesive spacing for activities that continued beyond one time slot. This has been fixed.
- Updated - The schedule notifying email will no longer have a CC to the scheduling user if the scheduling user and the scheduled for user are the same.
Version 2004.09.10 (Released 11/08/2005)
- Fixed - Bug in Week calendar introduced in version 2004.09.01 would cause application errors if an activity was scheduled late in the day, late in the week - this has been fixed
Version 2004.09.09 (Released 11/01/2005)
- Fixed - The <#SuppressNoSubTable> and <#SuppressWhenSubtable> tags for contact reports were not working properly. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.08 (Released 10/28/2005)
- Fixed - Non-ACT! database report wizard form would not display, depending on the number of fields in your external database - this has been fixed.
- Added - The <#br> tag is now supported - it will translate to a <br> tag when used. Useful for Editor templates where you want to add text if a field is blank or not blank, and part of the text is a <br>.
Version 2004.09.07 (Released 10/23/2005)
- Fixed - Displaying attachments as links in history reports was not working - this has been fixed.
- Fixed - Minor issue with <#inline tag sometimes causing errors - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.06 (Released 10/20/2005)
- Fixed - the CharLimit attribute for <#Field and <#Contact tags for Activity pages (tasklist, calendar, etc.) was not working correctly - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.05 (Released 10/16/2005)
- Fixed - There were some issues using the <#inline tag in old style letter templates that have been fixed.
- Updated - You may specify an alternate email field to use for an email template. You can do this for either an email template, or the smtp.html template that functions as the email dialog template. Use <#EmailField Value=x> where x is the field you want to use.
For example, if you wanted to create an email dialog that would use field 1000 instead of the default email field, you would add <#EmailField value=1000> in a copy of the smtp.html template, named smtpalt.html for example.
Then, in an <#Email tag (that displays the email hyperlink which takes you to the emial dialog), add a page=smtpalt.html tag. Edit the smtpalt.html tag so that when it comes up, you'll be able to see that it is not using the default email dialog. Email sent from this alternate dialog will use field 1000 for email addresses, even for mass emails.
- Fixed - <#Date tags were not functioning properly in Editor/Mass email scenerios. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.04 (Released 10/13/2005)
- Update - you may place a <#bcc value="email@example.com"> or <#cc value="firstname.lastname@example.org"> tag in the smtp.html template to always add bcc or cc information to the email dialog.
- Updated - to add an alternate initial sort to the contact activity, history, or sales tab, add sort=x to the <#ShowDetails tag.
Version 2004.09.03 (Released 10/11/2005)
- Fixed - When using the <#Email tag and the show=no parameter (or by calling the dll directly with the ?function=noshowwindow&emailnotifier=yes parameters) if the email template you were using in the TEMPLATE=filename parameter was using a reference to a non-ACT! database, the fields were not populating (either ACT! fields or external db fields). This has been fixed.
Version 2004.09.02 (Released 10/8/2005)
- Updated - The <#AllowFollowup button changes introduced in version 2004.09.01 included copying the cleared activity and placing the details in the followup activity so the end user would not have to retype information. You can override this behavior by including parameters to the <#AllowFollowup button in the Activity.html:
for example: <#AllowFollowup details='' regarding='' time='' priority='' type='' alarm='' leadtime='' duration=''>
Version 2004.09.01 (Released 10/6/2005)
- Update - <#LayoutTest tag for contact templates now supports an operator parameter. For example:
<layouttest field=34 operator="starts with" value="cust" file="ContactCustomer.html">
Operators include =, >, >=, <, <=, "starts with" and "contains". If a numeric comparison can be made - it will be attempted first. If not, a string comparison is made.
Version 2004.08.25 (Released 9/9/2005)
- Updated - The day and week calendar now support custom time slot intervals. In the <#Calendar tag, add dayinterval=x and weekinterval=y where x and y are the length of the intervals in minutes.
- Updated - <#AllowFollowup tag now works for the Activity.html with the PPC version of WiredContact.
- Added - <#EmailCharSet value="iso-8859-1" allows you to change the default charset for html emails.
- Update - <#Locale tag now supports CurrencyString="$" variable.
- Improved - Load times for email dialog.
- Added - Checkbox on mass email dialog that allows you to send a copy to yourself. Add the tag <#SendTo Type=Self> to the smtp.html to see the checkbox.
Version 2004.08.24 (Released 9/6/2005)
- Updated - The <#Count tag for contact reports now supports the TESTBLANK=y parameter. If the value of the field is blank - then it will be counted.
- <#Count field=34> - counts non-blank ID/Status values
- <#Count field=34 testblank=y> - counts ID/Status blank values
- <#Count field=34 test=Customer> - counts ID/Status where the value is 'Customer'
- <#Count field=34 testnot=Customer> - counts ID/Status where the value is not 'Customer'
- Updated - you can now change the lookup fields for the mini contact lookup. Edit <#Lookup tag in the contactlookup.html. Add field=x field=y field=z parameters (up to 5). Fields are shown in order.
Version 2004.08.23 (Released 8/14/2005)
- Added - Support for using external one to one database fields in letter and email templates. Define the database alias and table with:
<#dbalias value=db1 table=wc_one2one linkfield=contactid linkvalue=<#field field=1 format=id> >
<#dbalias value=db1 sql="select * from wc_one2one where contactid='<#field field=1 format=id>'">
Then to display the fields, use the standard <#field tag: <#field field=largefield1>
- Added - Support for using external one to many database fields in letter and email templates. Define the database alias and table as shown above. Then:
To define what to show - use:
<tr><td class=text><#field field=field1></td><td><#field field=field2></td><td><#field field=field3></td></tr>
to define where to show it - use:
Version 2004.08.22 (Released 8/14/2005)
- Fixed - Using "Contains" in the Report Wizard for external databases (non ACT! databases) would always result in an empty report - this has been fixed.
- Work Around (see 2004.08.21) - With large databases, you may get report results for contact reports that have a fewer number of contacts than expected. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.21 (Released 7/26/2005)
- Updated - <#LayoutTest now works for GroupContacts.html and GroupMembership.html
Version 2004.08.20 (Released 7/14/2005)
- Work Around - With large databases, you may get a "No Contacts" message when doing a query that uses "Starts With" or "Equals". This is due to a bug in the ACT! SDK. This version includes a work around - if you have trouble on your site with this type of query, add the string data item "Long Query" with a value of "yes" to the HKey_Local_machine\Software\PST\ACT\WC registry key.
- Fixed - When using the letter editor, if you copied a very large document (from MS Word for example) and pasted into the Editor, then saved it - the resulting template may appear empty when requested later. This has been fixed.
- Added - <#LayoutTest will now do multiple tests for a single template. For example, on the Contact.html, you could use <#layouttest user="Chris Huffman" field=34 value=Customer file=ChrisCustomer.html> which would load the ChrisCustomer.html template if the user's name is "Chris Huffman" and the ID/Status is "Customer".
- Updated - <#LayoutTest will now convert the RecordManager field appropriately when using the field=6 attribute. For example: <#layouttest field=6 value="Chris Huffman" file=ChrisRM.html>
Version 2004.08.19 (Released 7/8/2005)
- Fixed - With large databases, you may get a "No Contacts" message when doing a query. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.18 (Released 7/7/2005)
- Fixed - Typo in the Status.html (<#field sfield=41> should be <#field field=41>) suppressed the Last Meet date. This has been fixed. If you have modified your Status.html, you'll need to fix this error manually.
Version 2004.08.17 (Released 7/4/2005)
- Fixed - On rare occasions, the user may get an I/O 32 error. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.16 (Released 6/24/2005)
For example, if you override the City field dropdown, and you want City to be mandatory, you must include options=r in the <#input tag: <#input field=30 options=rx>. If you use the options=r tag in the <#input tag, do not specify the field in the <#Mandatory tag. You can mix syntaxes. For example, you might list the company and title fields in the <#mandatory tag: <#mandatory field=25 field=46>, but use options=rx in the city <input tag to make Company, City and Title required fields. If you do not list any fields in the <#Mandatory tag, you still need the <#Mandatory tag to make fields required - just specify options=r for each field you want to be required, and place the <#mandatory tag after the <#jscript> tag.
Version 2004.08.15a (Released 6/22/2005 pm)
- Note - Version 2004.08.16 was announced Thursday, 6/23 - but was not available for download until 6/24 PM.
- Fixed - For the <#input tags on the contact pages, options=bemd would not give you a multi-select with descriptions dialog. This has been fixed
- Fixed - In the WiredContact Configuration program, on the User Information tab, the Team sub-tab, at the bottom - the "Current Team List" at the bottom of the tab would only display all but one team name. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Sometime after version 2004.08.04 - contact reports would include one extra line per contact if the <#ItemsPerRow tag was not used, and the report was displayed as anything but html (saved as .txt or .csv). This has been fixed.
- Fixed - In the new Editor email and letter templates, if you embedded an image in the text of the template,
the image was not available after the letter/email was created. You may now use the <#HOST and #lt;#VDIR tags to qualify the path in
Editor templates. For example, to specify a custom image located in a new images\custom folder, you would use
<img src="<#HTTP><#HOST>/<#VDIR>/images/custom/customimg.jpg" border=0> to display the image in the Editor template. The <#HTTP><#HOST>/<#VDIR> tags will fully qualify the image path after the template is built.
Version 2004.08.15 (Released 6/22/2005)
Version 2004.08.14 (Released 6/15/2005)
- Updated - You have the option of specifying report scope and sort parameters in the templates themselves, versus in the reports.html. For example, in a sales report, you could specify open and won orders, sorted by product type, and amount in descending order for all users with:
<#Scope field=27 fieldvalue=open operator="=" or=yes>
<#Scope field=27 fieldvalue=won operator="=">
<#SORTON TABLE=SALES DESCENDING=YES FIELD=200 FIELD=34>
This version allows you to use the <#template file="reporttemplate.html"> tag in a template to redirect the report process to an alternate template, after scope, sort and other parameters have been processed. All scope, sort, and other paramters in the "redirected template" would be added to the parameters specified in the "pre template". This allows you to create a template that just displays data, then build several "pre templates" that would specify scoping and sorting parameters to use with the one display "redirected template". You must specify the <#template tag at the end of any parameters - all parameters occurring after the <#template tag will be discarded. You may use <#include template in a "pre template" or a "redirected template".
This allows you to specify static reports in the Reports.html with just the template name and title - specifying the rest of the report parameters in the templates themselves, or in include files.
- Updated - Field format options for external databases for currency and number are now supported
- Updated - SummaryInterval tags for floating point and integer values are now supported. Previously, only dates were supported. See version 2004.08.08 for more information. SummaryInterval is available for external databases as well.
Version 2004.08.13 (Released 6/10/2005)
- Updated - You may now use a relative path with the <#Include filename="file path"> tag. If the full path is not specified, the file must exist relative to the WiredContact install folder. For example, if you make a folder called "includes" directly under the WiredX3 folder, you could use the parameter: "filename=includes\reportheader.txt".
- Fixed - Bug introduced in version 2004.08.08 - in contact reports, using the <#sortfieldx tag in the <#Summary> section would display the field value for the next section instead of the current section. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Bug introduced in version 2004.06.05 - if you have the "Exclude My Records from Security Restrictions" checked - the calendar and task list would show activities scheduled for all users if the activity was scheduled with a My Record. This has been fixed to only show activities for the requested users.
- Fixed - If you used the <#sorton tag in the GroupContacts.html with field=6 as a parameter - the contacts for a group would take significantly longer to display. This has been fixed
Version 2004.08.12 (Released 6/9/2005)
- Updated - Report templates may now utilize the <#Include filename="file path"> tag where the contents of the include file will replace the <#Include tag.
Version 2004.08.11 (Released 6/3/2005)
- Fixed - When using the <#RecordHistory tag for a contact template, if you specified Type=0 (call) or Type=1 (meeting) - the Regarding drop down did not reflect the appropriate values. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - When using IE on a Mac, the Monthly Calendar would not wrap for a single day - resulting in a distorted monthly calendar view. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - When using IE on a Mac, the Lookup to Group function would not work once you selected the group from the Find Group dialog. This has been fixed.
- Added - You may now record a letter to history and attach it to history at the same time. See version 2004.08.10 for more details.
Version 2004.08.10 (Released 6/2/2005)
- Fixed - Letter mail merges were not always recorded to history under the correct user. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.09a (Released 5/26/2005 8:10pm EDT)
- Updated - You may use partial matches when using Managing Team security. For example, if you have the value "red, blue, yellow" in the ManagingTeam field, if the user was on the red, blue, yellow, low or yell team, the user would be allowed access to the record.
- Updated - Letters sent via the new letter to email option (version 2004.08.09) can now be configured to use different history recording options.
- options=E - Record as Email only, attach letter from email (Email)
- options=1 - Attach to History, and attach letter from Email (EmailAndAttach)
- options=2 - Record as History, and attach letter from Email (EmailAndHistory)
- options=3 - Attach to History, do not record as Email (EmailOnlyAttach)
- options=4 - Record as History, do not record as Email (EmailOnlyHistory)
- options=5 - Record as History and Attach to History (HistoryAndAttach) (2004.08.12)
Version 2004.08.09 (Released 5/26/2005 7:15pm EDT)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2004.08.09 where attachments to contacts with company
names with a trailing period would not be available via the web interface.
This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.08 (Released 5/23/2005)
- Updated - Letters can now be sent via email attachment instead of printed.
In the <#Submit tag, add OPTIONS=E to permit sending to email only.
The default options are HAL (Record letter in history, Record as Attachment, or
simply record as Letter Sent). You may use any (all) of the OPTIONS in the <#Submit
tag (H,A,L or E). If you want to customize the text shown when using OPTIONS=E,
add Email="New description here" to the <#Submit tag. To alter the descriptions of
the other options, use LetterSent="Description", History="Description",
Version 2004.08.07 (Released 5/15/2005)
- Fixed - Checkboxes were not working appropriately for non-ACT! db integration (dbpage). This has been fixed. Error prossibly introduced around version 2004.07.12. This has been fixed.
- Updated - <#layouttest now works on dbpage and dblist. See 2003.11.06 for more information.
- Updated - Reports now include a mechanism to do summaries on date fields. For example, if you wanted to do a 30, 60, 90 pipeline report for sales using the Forecasted Sale Date, you would modify the <#SortOn and <#Scope tags of the report template as follows:
<!--The following limits sales to those with a forecasted close greater than or equal to the current month -->
<#scope field=31 operator=">=" value="<#date start=thismonth>">
<!--The following limits sales to those with a forecasted close less than or equal to 90 days out from the the current month -->
<#scope field=31 operator="<=" value="<#date start=thismonth offset=90>">
<!--The following summarizes on field 31, uses an interval of 30 - so instead of the field value change triggering the summary section,
there needs to be an interval of 30 (days, count) between the first item in the section and the last item in the section before the summary
is triggered. The initial value to use for this measure in this case is the first of the month. -->
<#sorton table=sales field=31 summary=31 summaryinterval=30 IntervalStart="<#date start=thismonth>">
Here's the default SummarySales.html file in zip format with the changes added.
Version 2004.08.06a (Released 5/12/2005)
- Fixed - Queries and reports for external database, excluding MS Access databases, were not returning the correct results when searching for date values. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.06 (Released 5/11/2005)
- Fixed - In some rare cases, using the Mail Merge functionality with the new Editor function may generate letters with extra spaces. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.05 (Released 5/5/2005)
- Fixed - Attached files with the "#" symbol in the name were not being displayed after being attached. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Mail merges using the new Editor could possibly lock up the server. Bug possibly introduced with version 2004.07.02 or after. This has been fixed.
- Added - Support for the <#field tag has been added to the Redirect page for lead capture.
- Documentation update - Version 2003.11.18: <#count tag uses the Test="Field Test" paramter, not value="Field Test"
Version 2004.08.04 (Released 5/4/2005)
- Fixed - A bug introduced between versions 2004.07.08 and 2004.07.10 that would cause one contact from a group not to show on the Group Contacts tab. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.03 (Released 5/3/2005)
- Fixed - A bug introduced in 2004.08.03 would cause any non-contact report that wasn't a label report to stop the WiredContact Service and not produce the report. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.08.02 (Released 5/2/2005)
- Updated - The non-contact reports now support Avery label formats (using <#RowsPerPage, <#ItemsPerRow and <#ItemPosition tags). See the Avery Label templates for examples
- Fixed - The weekly calendar days are now all the same width.
- Fixed - The <#SuppressBlank> tag wasn't working properly for mail merge. For example: <#SuppressBlank><#field field=46><#field field=46 notblank="<br>"> - this has been fixed
Version 2004.08.01 (Released 5/1/2005)
- Fixed - When running non contact reports and selecting both "Limit to Lookup" and the new "Save Results to Lookup" option, a blank lookup was being generated - this has been fixed.
- Added - In the WiredContact Configuration program, under the Security menu, you have the option to force a user to log out or time out from one machine before they can login from another machine.
Use the <#LOGGEDIN Value="You are already logged in on another computer"> tag to specify the error message the user will see on the login page.
Version 2004.07.12 (Released 4/25/2005)
- Added - You may create contact lookups from the results of Sales, Activity and
History reports. On the Report Wizards, add the tag: <#SAVETOLOOKUP> to show a
checkbox that, when checked, will generate a lookup of the report results. The user
will need to click on the Lookup icon to see the lookup after the report is completed.
- Added - Add the <#savelookup value=yes> tag to Sales, Activity and History report templates to automatically build contact lookups when running reports.
- Added - Report and Query requests now show progress when a report or query is requested. Change the StatusLogs\Messages.txt file to change the progress messages for Reports and Queries.
Version 2004.07.11 (Released 4/24/2005)
- Fixed - With the PPC version - the Attach Library File icons were not showing on the email dialog - and the files were not being attachent when the email was sent - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.07.10 (Released 4/19/2005)
- Enhanced - The Weekly Calendar can now be limited to 5 days. in the <#Calendar tag, add days=5 weekstart=1 to start the calendar on Monday and only show through Friday
Version 2004.07.09 (Released 4/11/2005)
- Updated - Additional stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
- Fixed - MS Access/MS SQL/My SQL reports: bug introduced in version 2004.07.09 where the WiredContact Service would stop if attempting to run reports for non-ACT! databases has been fixed
- Enhanced - Query/Report Wizards - double parens have been added to the query wizards to allow for nested query criteria.
Version 2004.07.08 (Released 4/10/2005)
- Updated - Additional stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
Version 2004.07.07 (Released 4/5/2005)
- Updated - Additional stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
Version 2004.07.06 (Released 4/1/2005)
- Added - Support for pulling a non email address from a contact when clicking on the
lookup icons from the email dialog. Can be used for fax servers - for example, in the
<#sendto tag, add field=36 mask="##########@faxserver.com", and when you lookup a contact, the fax number with the specified extension will be added.
- Updated - Additional stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
Version 2004.07.05 (Released 3/31/2005)
- Fixed - Restricting queries to groups was still working incorrectly. This has been fixed
- Fixed - When restricting reports or queries to empty groups, the results were as if there were no group restrictions. This has been fixed.
- Updated - Additional minor stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
Version 2004.07.04a (Released 3/23/2005 pm)
- Updated - Additional minor stability enhancements for sites having trouble with their ACT! database.
Version 2004.07.04 (Released 3/23/2005)
- Fixed - Mail merges where you record the letter as History text may occasionally fail - this has been fixed
- Fixed - Using the same field for multiple <#sum tags in the summary/total lines for contact reports were producing duplicate results. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.07.03 (Released 3/22/2005)
- Added - Checkbox on the WiredContact Configuration program, Site Information tab, that when checked will automatically delete cleared activities more than 15 days old in the database.
- Updated - Additional improvements that help sites with a large database and/or many users.
Version 2004.07.02 (Released 3/21/2005)
- Updated - Additional improvements that help sites with a large database and/or many users.
Version 2004.07.01 (Released 3/17/2005)
- Added - A Menu option in the WC Config that allows you to create a User Report to be able to show user security and team settings.
- Fixed - When creating multi-page mail merge letters with the new Editor, the page breaks were not appropriate. This has been fixed.
- Updated - Large database support. Additional ability to manage large ACT! databases.
Version 2004.06.06 (Released 3/14/2005)
- Added - A drop down box to the Teams page of the WC Config - you can see the teams that have been added to users - and use the add button to add the team displayed in the drop down.
- Added - A Menu option in the WC Config that allows you to prohibit logins unless the user is pre defined in the WC Config/Users tab.
- Added - You can select the Query page as the startup page after login in the WC Config program.
Version 2004.06.05a (Released 3/11/2005)
- Updated - Additional stability enhancements have been added that improve performance and stability when there are errors in the ACT! database. Additionally, a more reliable mechanism has been put in place to discover where ACT! database errors may be occurring.
- Fixed - Bug introduced recently that removed the ability to update the structure of external database tables. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.06.05 (Released 3/10/2005)
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2004.06.05 that might cause the Task List to not show activities. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.06.04 (Released 3/7/2005)
- Fixed - If a user creates a letter template with content copied from MS Word - a "Line too long" error may be generated This has been fixed.
- Added - Support for the "Multiple" attribute in the <#input tag for contacts has been added. Displays a multiple line select box on the form.
- Fixed - When using options=bem in an <#input tag, the save icon will now flash when the field is changed.
- Added - In the WiredContact Configuration program, there is an option on the Server Information tab to exclude My Records from contact security. This allows users to schedule activities with other users when restricted by Record Manager, Team, managing Team or Group.
- Added - Improved Calendar performance.
Version 2004.06.03a (Released 3/3/2005 4pm)
- Fixed - Calendars were blocking out an extra block of time for every activity. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.06.03 (Released 3/3/2005 3pm)
- Fixed - New activities were not showing up on calendar/tasklist for up to 15 minutes when using the new activity caching option. This has been fixed
- Fixed - Calendars were not showing 'activity dates" on mini calendars when using the new activity caching option. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.06.02 (Released 2/28/2005)
- Fixed - When running a query limited to a group, incorrect results were being returned. This has been fixed
- Fixed - Rare users have reported that when sending a mass email - incorrect values for user fields were being used. This has been fixed.
- Updated - On contact pages, you may use the "Multiple" attribute (<#input field=x multiple>>) for input fields that are drop downs. This will give you a multi-select box.
Version 2004.06.01 (Released 2/25/2005)
- Fixed - When using Edit/Replace - if the target field was a phone number field - the data was not being set correctly. This has been fixed.
- Updated - History and Contact Reports that take an exceptionally long time to complete may be canceled after an hour if there is a pending performance cache request.
- Updated - History Reports for users restricted by Record Manager, Team or Managing Team may run faster.
Version 2004.05.12 (Released 2/17/2005)
- Updated - Significant performance and stability improvements for large databases with large numbers of contacts, activities and users.
The WiredContact Service must be running and operational for performance improvements to be realized.
Also - in the WiredContact Configuration program, the Site Information tab includes checkboxes for using the new performance enhancing features.
Version 2004.05.11 (Released 2/14/2005)
- Fixed - When using the setting to save TaskList date ranges, sometimes the range would not save appropriately. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.10 (Released 2/10/2005)
- Fixed - Reports/Queries were not properly limiting to selected groups. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.09a (Released 2/6/2005)
- Fixed - Print mail merged letters would not print more than 7 or 8 merged letters correctly. The printed pages looked like something was wrong with your printer. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.08 (Released 1/31/2005)
- Fixed - A bug introduced in version 2004.05.09 would print mail merged letters incorrectly. The printed pages looked like something was wrong with your printer. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - When using the line function in the new letter/email templates, the template would not save properly, adding an extra line after the line - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.07 (Released 1/26/2005)
- Improved - Overall performance when running Managing Team security rules has been improved.
- Fixed - When opening contact pages in multiple windows (from the Lookup, Tasklist, Reports, etc.)
if writing an email or letter using the new editor templates, the letter/email would take the contact information from the last
contact you navigated to, instead of the contact in the open/additional browser window. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Lists of user may show name information of non-users for databases with activities created by users that have been
deleted from the database. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.06b (Released 1/23/2005)
- Fixed - The <SuppressBlank> tag was not working correctly for templates using the new editor. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.06a (Released 1/21/2005 am)
- Fixed - New Database Aliases for MS Access, MS Excel, etc, were not being saved correctly. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.06 (Released 1/20/2005 pm)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2004.05.06 where sales information using the <#Field tag would not display unless you used a CharLimit parameter. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.05c (Released 1/19/2005 pm)
- Fixed - ZipCode Connection - if you enter a zip code with the Plus 4 information - ZipCode Connection would not find the appropriate city/state/county. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - CharLimit parameter for <#Field and <Contact tags in reports - now limit number of characters displayed in reports
Version 2004.05.05a (Released 1/19/2005 am)
- Fixed - Viewing documents in the library may result in an application error if the library documents have long names. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2004.5.05 - email preview mode was generating errors depending on the content of the email view. The methodology has been returned to that of the preview prior to 2004.05.05, but the message content of the preview has been limited to 2000 characters.
Version 2004.05.05 (Released 1/19/2005 midnight)
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2004.05.05 - when performing a lookup that resulted in a single contact, the resulting contact page would not show tabs. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.05.04 (Released 1/17/2005)
- Fixed - When using the email preview icon - if the email messgae was more than 3000 characters, the user would be logged off and would not be able to log back in until they deleted their cookies. This has been fixed, but the email preview is no longer a ful preview. Only a partial message is shown in the preview window.
- Fixed - When performing a Letter mail merge, and attaching the letter to the contact, the WiredContact service would stop without creating the mail merge document. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - In the Report Wizard templates, When limiting the displayed fields with the <#ScopeField field=x field=y ... > syntax, the window that displays dropdown/popup information would show a blank window. This has been fixed
Version 2004.05.03 (Released 1/15/2005)
- Fixed - Non contact reports generated by the Wizard interface, sorted by contact info, would generate incorrect sorts. This has been fixed.
- Updated - Phone formatting issues for regions where the number of digits in an area code may change. You may specify a file name in the PhoneFormat.txt for a given country code.
For example, to use the file DACFile.txt (Deutsch Area Code file) in the PhoneFormat.txt file: 49=F:DACFile.txt. Then, add phone formatting information on a separate line for each
phone number format. Click here for an example file. The first format that matches the numbers and number of digits in the specified file is used
for formatting the phone number.
Version 2004.05.02 (Released 1/13/2005)
- Fixed - End user letter templates - if too large - could result in the template not displaying when used. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Queries run while the WiredContact Service was running, using the <#SortField tags, would not sort correctly for fields with many characters. This has been fixed.
- Changed - The browser menu is now available for letter templates when not using the default templates.
Version 2004.05.01c (Released 1/10/2005)
- Fixed - New email/letter templates created by end users were being created in folders with random numbers, followed by _wiredcontact. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - It was possible to save email/letter templates with an incorrect file extension - causing them to disapper from the users view - this has been fixed. The administrator may go into the user's private folder and change the extension of any templates with the incorrect extension.
- Added - The MergeFields function for letter/email templates now adds the correct formatting for letter and email templates
- Fixed - The WiredContact Active Library utility would not retry sending documents that were open in MS Word or MS Excel. This has been fixed. You need to redistribute the new exectutable to take advantage of this fix.
Version 2004.04.04a (Released 12/30/2004)
- Added - End user template editor for both letter and email templates. When using the new Editor - there is a new icon that allows you to open the template editor. Once you select this icon, you have the ability to change the template, add merge fields, etc., then you may select he Save icon in the editor to save the template to your personal library.
- Info - Personal library templates are available from the template explorer for either email or letters. By default, these folders are "My Email Templates" and My Letter Templates".
- Added - The administrator may change the default locations for personal library folders. In the Login.html, use <#PersonalLibraryPath EmailTemplates="My Email Templates" LetterTemplates="My Letter Templates" MailMerge="MailMerge" Queries="Queries" Reports="Reports">
- Added - Copy files from the Library to the Personal Library.
- Added - If you have permission to add to the Library folder, you may copy files from the Personal Library to the library
Version 2004.04.04 (Released 12/29/2004)
- Fixed - The TimeSeparator attribute introduced in version 2004.04.04 was not working properly. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.04.03 (Released 12/23/2004)
- Fixed - ACT! bug (unknown if version specific or database specific) that would cause some reports to "hang" when the user was restricted by Group - This version is no longer impacted by this bug.
- Fixed - ACT! bug (some US versions) that would cause phone numbers to be saved incorrectly if the phone number was entered in a specific way: area code surrounded by parens with no space between the area code and exchange. - This version is no longer impacted by this bug.
- Added - If you use a non-standard time separator - you may add the parameter: TimeSeparator=":" to the <#locale tag in your login.html. See version 2003.12.15 for more information on the <#locale tag.
Version 2004.04.02 (Released 12/21/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in version 2004.04.02 that resulted in blank totals for Amount and Forecast in the sales reports is fixed with this release.
- Fixed - Sorts on the lookup results were displaying incorrectly for values longer than 20 characters. This has been fixed
- Updated - The alarm caching performance option is no longer automatic. If you have a site with a lot of activities and/or a large number of users using alarms, check the alarm caching checkbox in the WC Configuration program on the Site Information tab.
Version 2004.04.01a (Released 12/17/2004)
- Fixed - The WiredContact Active Library exe has been fixed and added to the 2004.04.02 installation.
Version 2004.04.01 (Released 12/17/2004)
- Recalled - The WiredContact Active Library exe has been recalled because it will not process files larger than 50K in size. We're working on the update that will process large files.
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2004.04.01 where the new Editor would not display if there were single quotes in any of the contact's information. This has been fixed.
Version 2004.03.04 (Released 12/3/2004)
- New - Editor available for letter and email templates. X3 download includes examples and supporting files.
- New - WiredContact Active Library application for end user machines - see the readme.txt in the extras folder in the X3 download.
- Fixed - You may use the Record Manager field as the Managing Team field with this release.
- Fixed - Reports: Several non-contact sorting issues have been fixed with this version
Version 2004.03.03 (Released 12/2/2004)
- Fixed - When using contact reports and searching on user defined date fields, sometimes incorrect results were displaying - this has been fixed.
- Fixed - The Contact query screen would sometimes show without the contact field names displaying properly - this has been fixed.
Version 2004.03.02 (Released 12/1/2004)
- Fixed - Some using non-US date formats were experiencing trouble getting access to Reports. This version fixes that issue.
Version 2004.03.01 (Released 11/29/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2004.03.01 where a field type of numeric in ACT!, and if the field in WiredContact was blank - WiredContact would throw an exception when trying to save.
- Fixed - When using the Summary function in contact reports, if a field type in ACT! was changed from text to a date or a number, the WiredContact Service might stop when running a report if the field on the report contained data that was of the incorrect type.
- Added - For contact reports using the <#count tag in the summary or total section, you can use DateTest1="1/1/2004" DateTest2="1/31/2004" to determine the count of contacts where a field contains a date in the range of DateTest1 to DateTest2. If DateTest1 is omitted, then the test performed is if the field is less than the date specified. If DateTest2 is omitted, then the test performed is if the field is greater than the date specified.
Important Upgrade Information - Please Read Click here for more info.
Version 2003.12.30 (Released 11/14/2004)
- Added - The WiredContact letter and email templates have changed for the X3 version. The new version allows you to copy folders and files to the EmailTemplates folder and the LetterTemplates folder and the email and letter templates automatically display. You need to use the new navbar.html, or modify your existing navbar.html to take advantage of the new changes. Click here to see the new tags.
- Info - If you want to include the new letter and email templates in the WiredContact Classic version, copy the EmailTemplates and LetterTemplates folders to your WiredContact Classic folder, along with the ExploreLetters.html and the ExploreEmail.html templates. You'll need to change your NavBar.html to take advantage of the new templates.
- Note - If you have not changed your navbar.html, your WiredX3 folder will automatically get the new version.
- More Information - See the Readme.txt files in the EmailTemplates and LetterTemplates folders for more information.
Version 2003.12.29a (Released 11/10/2004 pm)
- Fixed - The WiredContact Service Application would not show as running for Servers using a system date separator of "-" instead of "/". This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Under some circumstances, an extra blank line was being added to email signatures. This has been fixed..
Version 2003.12.29 (Released 11/10/2004 am)
- Fixed - Contact reports would not sort correctly when companies had the first 20 characters of the company name in common (Association of American Pharmacies, Association of American Drug Stores, for example) - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.28a (Released 11/2/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.12.20 which would not show Contact Reports limited to a specific Record Manager - has been fixed.
- Added - <#Layouttest now allows you to specify a new layout if a field is not blank. Use NOTBLANK=x in the parameters where x is the field number you want to test.
Version 2003.12.28 (Released 11/1/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.12.28 where you would get an error message when selecting any non-contact report wizard. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.27 (Released 10/26/2004 pm)
- Fixed - When using DropDown=file.txt with an <input tag, the Save icon was not properly flashing after an item from the list was selected. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Leaving a Schedule or Sales Dialog window open, then openning the other dialog (Sale if Schedule open, or Schedule if Sales open) would cause the original dialog information to be lost. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Under some circumstances, one or more contact fields (Company for example) may not be visible in the field list on the Query page. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.26a (Released 10/12/2004 pm)
- Added - You may restrict a user to seeing only teammates in all user drop downs and selection lists by selecting the checkbox on the Teams tab of the User Information tab of the WiredContact Configuration program. This restriction will work for every user list except the Record Manager field on the Lookup page. Don't add the Record manager field to the Lookup page if you need 100% compliance.
- Added - You may now restrict the User drop downs/selection lists to the members of the logged in user's teams for any user drop down/selection list. Add the parameter Format=teams to <#SelectUser tags.
- Added - You may use multiple email addresses for a each user (multiple email identities) by creating a text file with those email addresses and by modifying the smtp.html template.
- Here's an example smtp.html template with Options=f in the <#SendFrom tag
- Create a folder called AddressFiles under your WiredContact (WiredX3) folder. (File parameter for the <#SendFrom tag)
- In the AddressFiles folder, add .txt files for each user, using the login name for the name of the file, for example "Chris Huffman.txt"
- In the .txt files, use one address per line. You may use either email@example.com, or "User name " formats
- If you want to use a description for each line, use "firstname.lastname@example.org|Description" or "User name |Description"
- Updated - You may force a WiredContact site to remember task lists that include more than 14 days of activities but checking the box on the Site Information tab of the WiredContact Configuration program. Checking this box will make your task list behave the way it did before the 2003.12.12 version
Version 2003.12.26 (Released 10/12/2004 am)
- Fixed - Error introduced in 2003.12.26 that would cause an error page when attempting to roll over activities. This has been fixed.
- Added - Additional support for non-english versions of ACT! and Sales/Opportunities. If you have a non-english version of ACT! and are having trouble with Sales/Opportunities, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Version 2003.12.25 (Released 9/29/2004)
- Fixed - If using the HistoryTypes.txt file to change the value of history types, Notes and Attachments tabs may not have shown information accurately. This has been fixed.
- Added - <#Calculate tag has been added. Use the parameter VALUE= to specify the formula. You can use numbers or <#field tags in the formula to produce results. For example, to add the 1st three user fields for a contact, <#calculate value="<#field field=50>+<#field field=51>+<#field field=52>">. Or, for the average: <#calculate value="(<#field field=50>+<#field field=51>+<#field field=52>)/3">
Version 2003.12.24 (Released 9/20/2004)
- Fixed - When using QueueStatus, WiredContact would not time out when the user was inactive. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - The Save icon may not appear for new contacts under some security configurations. This has been fixed.
- Added - HTML Email preview function from the Email dialog now shows the completed mail merged preview.
Version 2003.12.23 (Released 9/20/2004)
- Added - <#VerifyList> tag may be added to the smtpprep.html so the user can verify the list they are sending to before sending a mass email.
- Fixed - SummarySort would not work correctly for Contact and Activity reports called from a static link. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.22 (Released 9/15/2004)
- Added - Updated interface for both libraries.
Version 2003.12.21a (Released 9/13/2004)
- Fixed - The <#LayoutTest function would sometimes use an inappropriate page when adding a new contact or group when using the Field=/Value= parameters
- Added - To the Group.html, you can add a <#AddMember> tag that will allow you to add contacts to groups from the group page.
- Changed - In the Contact Report Wizards, the default selection for the Lookup checkbox is selected. You can change this by adding/removing the word "Checked" to the <#Lookup> tag in the contact report wizards.
Version 2003.12.20a (Released 9/2/2004 pm)
- Fixed - Version 2003.12.21 (not shown in the change log) was available from 1am on 9/13 to about 11am. This version couldn't run non-contact reports. Version 2003.12.21a fixes the issues with 2003.12.21.
Version 2003.12.20 (Released 9/2/2004 am)
- Fixed - Filters on the Sales\Opportunity tab were not always working correctly. This has been fixed.
- Added - In the Complete Contact Reports (see CompleteContact.html in the Reports\Contact folder) the ability to limit the number of items in each of the sub tables (History, Activity, Sales). Add <#ItemsPerContact Sales=x history=x activity=x>, where x is the number of items you want to show per contact.
- Added - In the Complete Contact Reports (see CompleteContact.html in the Reports\Contact folder) the ability to sort the items in each of the sub tables (History, Activity, Sales). Add <#SORTON Sales=x history=x activity=x>, where x is the field number of items you want to sort by per contact. You may use multiple items per subtable, and you may replace the field number with the word "descending" if you want to sort that sub table in a descending fashion
Version 2003.12.19 (Released 8/30/2004)
- Fixed - Alarm window might flash if the user was restricted from seeing contacts - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.18 (Released 8/27/2004)
- Fixed - Bug when using Mac's - adding library files to the email dialog was not working - this has been fixed.
- Improved - Performance, especially on sites that use the Tasklist heavily.
Version 2003.12.17 (Released 8/27/2004)
- Fixed - Bug when using Mac's - the tasklist would not refresh on clear or reschedule - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.16 (Released 8/24/2004)
- Fixed - In some cases when sending an HTML email, a period may be dropped which might result in a broken link, or a run-on sentence. This has been fixed.
- Added - Command line option for the FileUpdate.exe (Directory Manager) program. The command line options are:
FileUpdate.exe "<original path>" "<destination path>" <RY|RN> <LN|LY> <AN|AY> <DN|DY>
The last four params conform to the checkboxes in the program itself. Reports, Library, Attachments, Document Templates. Use Y if you want to copy them, N if not. The defaults are the first ones listed: RY, LN, AN, DN
Using this option in a .bat file will allow you to upgrade several wiredcontact sites at once.
Version 2003.12.15a (Released 8/22/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2003.12.14 for sites running WiredContact Classic using the old style Lookup.html - the first page of a lookup results would contain the same contact multiple times. If you are using a lookup.html with the <#ShowResults tag instead of the <#Results, this bug will not impact you. The bug has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.15 (Released 8/20/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2003.12.15 where the calendar would default to Dec, 1899 instead of today's date.
Version 2003.12.14 (Released 8/18/2004)
- Updated - <#locale tag now can utilize the DateSeparator parameter. If you use a date separator that is not the standard "/", then use this with the ShortDateFormat parameter.
Version 2003.12.13 (Released 8/16/2004)
- Added - Additional security options for the new Managing Team security model, allows you to restrict activities, notes/history, sales/opportunities.
Version 2003.12.12 (Released 8/15/2004)
- Updated - Improved functionality to MS Access or MS SQL Server databases. See dbReadme.txt in the install folder.
Version 2003.12.11 (Released 8/12/2004)
- Updated - Tasklist save function
Version 2003.12.10 (Released 8/9/2004)
- Fixed - When using an <#email link with a signumber=x and x is larger than 3, the user's 1st signature was used. This has been fixed.
- Updated - you can use <#action function=NewHistoryNote instead of function=NewNote to use the Edit History dialog to create new notes. This allows you to customize the placement of fields, as well as use additional fields that were not available on New Note dialog.
- Fixed - when sending an email to a group - if the user was restricted to a group in the WiredContact Config program - the email was being sent to an inappropriate group. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.09a (Released 7/29/2004 late pm)
- Fixed - bug introduced in version 2003.12.08 would not allow you to lookup and change contacts for an activity, or lookup contacts to schedule an activity from the caledars. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.09 (Released 7/29/2004 pm)
- Fixed - bug introduced in version 2003.12.09 may give you an "Unable to set data for" error in the Query function. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.08 (Released 7/27/2004)
- Improved - Performance on databases with many users using alarms
Version 2003.12.07 (Released 7/22/2004 pm)
- Fixed - Some inconsistencies with sales/opportunities in non-US versions of ACT! running on non-US servers have been fixed
- Added - For contact templates, using the linkfield=x attribute in the <#input tag allows you to lookup other contacts and replace the
value of the calling field with data from another contact in the database. This function has been enhanced by using the
linkfieldfile="<file name>" attribute, where "<file name>" is a text file that contains other fields to populate with data
from the other contact record.
For a simple example, assume you need to populate the 3rd Contact field, Phone, and Title on the Alt Contacts tab from
another contact in the database. In the AltContact.html, you would change the attributes for field number 75 (3rd Contact) to
include "linkfield=26". This would add a lookup icon to the field, that allows you to find a contact, and once selected, copy
the contact name over to the 3rd Contact field on the tab. To copy the additional fields, you would add another attribute,
linkfieldfile="LinkAltContact.txt" to the <#input tag for field number 75. Then, create a text file called LinkAltContact.txt
in your WiredContact folder, and add the following lines:
The values in the text file indicate the following:
fieldx=<field name> - This is the name of the field that data will be copied into. If this is a <#input field, the name will be "_x" where x is the field number.|
value1=<field number> - This is the field number of the field to copy information from.
textfield1=yes/no - Indicates whether the receiving field is text (yes) or a drop down (no).
- Added - Fieldlabels.txt now works for Report Wizards. See version 2003.10.02 for more details
Version 2003.12.06 (Released 7/22/2004 am)
- Fixed - Queries now sort numeric fields and currency fields correctly
- Added - Fieldlabels.txt now works for Queries. See version 2003.10.02 for more details
Version 2003.12.05 (Released 7/20/2004)
- Added - In the WiredContact Configuration program, under the Users...Options tab, you can give a user permission to Delete documents and folders to the main Library via the web interface.
- Added - You may now use DecimalSeparator="." ThousandSeparator="," in the <#locale tag of the Login.html to override the regional settings of the Anonymous user.
- Updated - ShortDateFormat, LongDateFormat, DecimalSeparator, and ThousandSeparator from the <#locale tag of the Login.html are now used in the Reports for that virtual directory.
- Fixed - Specifying Recent Contacts and My Contacts to show on Login was not working properly. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.12.04 (Released 7/19/2004)
- Fixed - Contact Reports now sort numeric fields and currency fields correctly
- Added - In the WiredContact Configuration program, under the Users...Options tab, you can give a user permission to Add documents and folders to the main Library via the web interface. The administrator may still add/remove/change files and folders to the Library via Windows Explorer on the server. The Personal Library functionality has not been changed.
Version 2003.12.03 (Released 6/7/2004)
- New - Security option. The concept of "Managing Team" is introduced - you can specify a field in the database to be the "Managing Team" field.
This field would contain a value that may or may not match one of the Team names identified on a users profile. If the value on the contact record matches/doesn't match one of the teams that a user is assigned to, different securty options may apply. See the WiredContact Configuration program on the Site Information and User Information/Security tabs.
- Updated - The PhoneFormat.txt file now supports multiple formats per country code, with multiple formats per phone number size, based on the number of characters in the phone number, and the first number in the phone number. (see version 2003.12.01 for initial multi-format explanation)
For example: 1=###-###-####|2####-#####|3#-##-##-####|9###-###-### would give you the following formated phone numbers for numbers in the US (country code=1)
Version 2003.12.02 (Released 6/7/2004)
- Update - vcalendar routine now uses UTC time format for more accurate export of activities.
- Fixed - under some circumstances, the links to MS Access or MS SQL Server would not work. This has been fixed.
- Added - Support for reporting from an MS Access or MS SQL Server database have been added. Currently, only the Report Wizard is available for custom db engines. A template is not shipped with the current release, but you can use the ContactWiz.html as a starting point. The syntax on the Reports.html is: <#DBWizard alias="<Database Alias>" table="<Database Table>" ContactID="<Contact ID Field>" UniqueID=<Unique ID field for the table>" plus other common tags like "page=", "name=", and "default=".
- Added - Support for <#Sum field=<"database Field Name>"> and <#Count field=<"database Field Name>"> tags in the MS Access/SQL Server reports. Use these tags in the Summary and/or Total sections of the report template.
Version 2003.12.01 (Released 6/3/2004)
- MAC Update - The label templates were not working properly for the Macintosh. Additional functionality has been added to the <rowsperpage tag for the report engine so that multiple PageStart and PageStop values can be used. Download the Avery 5160 template for the Mac here to see examples of this tag. Updated label templates for the Mac will be available shortly for the other Avery templates.
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.11.18 that would not display the Contact Report on the Contact page correctly has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.18a (Released 5/25/2004)
- Updated - HistoryTypes.txt now overrides the history types displayed throughout the application - including clearing activities.
- Added - <#LayoutTest function to the UserPicker.html. Click here for an example UserPicker.html if you don't already have one.
- Added - In the UserPicker.html, the <#userlist tag can take user="user name" parameters. This will limit the Pick User dialog to the specified users. (user="user 1" user="user 2" etc.) The Pick User dialog is used by the Calendar and Tasklist.
- Added - The PhoneFormat.txt file now supports multiple formats per country code. If you would like to see different formats, depending on whether the phone number is 8, 9 or 10 digits, include more than one phone format on the line with the corresponding country code, separated by a pipe (|) - for example: 1=###-###-####|###-####|#-###-#### or 49=###-#######|####-######
- Fixed - Format=ID was not working correctly for UniqueID fields in reports. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.18 (Released 5/24/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.11.18 - if you added the "Select From Address" feature to your smtp.html, and your login name wasn't the same as the contact name on your My Record, the From field wasn't automatically selecting the logged in user - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.17 (Released 5/7/2004)
- Added - <#LayoutTest function to the Tasklist.html, Query.html and Lookup.html. This lets you create different pages for teams, users, security profiles. Different pages could have different numbers of query rows (query) or different results (Tasklist/Lookup) depending on what user is logged in. See 2003.11.06 for more information. <#LayoutTest now applies to Contact, Group, NavBar, Tasklist, Lookup, Query, Reports, and NewSale
- Added - The <#Date tag is now available in the Login.html
- Added - You can now count in the Contact Report Summary/Total areas. Use the syntax <#Count field=x test="Field Test"> where x is the field number and "Field Test" is the value to count. If the field equals the "Field Test", then the counter is incremented by 1. If no "Field Test" is specified - then the counter is incremented if the field is not blank. Count field 1 (uniqueid) to count all contacts.
- Added - You can now sum in the Contact Report Summary/Total areas. Use the syntax <#sum field=x > where x is the field number.
- Added - The Lookup now supports the "Add to Lookup" function. Add AddToLookup=Y or AddToLookupLabel="Add to lookup:" in the <#Lookup tag to activate. You can also place a checkbox elsewhere on the lookup.html: <input type=checkbox value=Y name=addtolookup>
- Added - In the <#EMail tag - you can add: fromaddress="user name " to have a standard from address for an email link. The resulting email will always come from the same user. Use for News Letters, or other promotional email links.
- Fixed - If you added the "Select From Address" feature to your smtp.html (see 2003.11.09,2003.11.17), if you select someone other than yourself, the name associated will now be the name on the My Record instead of the user's login name.
- Fixed - If using the <#Locale tag to change the appearance of dates - WiredContact may not have been able to determine if the WiredContact Service Application was running - resulting in reports not being available - this has been fixed
- Fixed - If you change the field attributes of a contact field from Character to some other data type, the WiredContact Service Application may have stopped if it tried to display a field that was no longer the appropriate type. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - The 5162 Avery Label template has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.16a (Released 05/04/2004 PM)
- Fixed - Occasionally, when using html in email signatures, extra spaces could get added to the bottom of the signature. This has been fixed - but you'll need to remove the extra lines if you have them
- Fixed - When attaching personal library items to email - the documents would appear farther down the page. This has been fixed.
- Enhanced - The Email dialog can include more than 3 signature options. Use <#RadioSig number=x> where x is the signature number you want to specify (1 through ...). Here is an example email template with 6 signatures.
- Fixed - If you are using an advanced programming launguage to build sophisticated WiredContact forms - you can now use "wcfunction" as the variable name for passing WiredContact functions instead of "fuction".
- Added - <#LayoutTest function to the NewSale.html. This lets you create different sales pages for teams, users, security profiles. See 2003.11.06 for more information. All attributes apply. Field information references a Sales field.
Version 2003.11.15 (Released 05/04/2004 AM)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.11.15 where the users would not display on the Usewr Information tab of the WC Config program
- Fixed - Checkboxes for Access tables were sometimes unchecking themselves if checked. If you're using <#checkbox on templates tied to MS Access tables - you need this update.
- Added - Popup lists with descriptions. Use Options=bed in the <#input tag on contact templates to show popup lists with descriptions
Version 2003.11.14 (Released 04/30/2004)
- Fixed - Defaults show appropriately for the Record History option.
- Fixed - The WiredContact Configuration program will now show more than 225 users.
Version 2003.11.13 (Released 04/28/2004)
- Fixed - When using <#queryfields rows=x> in the Query.html template, and x is greater than 5, saved queries were not populating more than 5 field sets. This has been fixed. Note - to save a query - you first must run the query.
Version 2003.11.12 (Released 04/22/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in version 2003.11.12 that would not let you toggle the alarms to the On position.
- Added - <#LayoutTest function to the Reports.html. This lets you create different report pages for teams, users, security profiles. See 2003.11.06 for more information. All attributes except Field and RecordManager (undefined on the reports page) apply.
- Enhanced - In the Edit/Replace dialog, some system fields are missing. You can add those back in ny including a field=x attribute to the <#tofield and <fromfield tags in the EditReplace.html template.
- Fixed - When selecting Record Manager as the target or source field in an Edit/Replace - you would get unpredictable results because of the nature of the Record Manager field. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.11 (Released 04/21/2004)
- Enhanced - Significant speed improvements in showing the Tasklist.
Version 2003.11.10 (Released 04/16/2004)
- Fixed - Reports - where the user was restricted from seeing activities, history or sales if they wee not the Record Manager of the contact - the report engine would abruplty stop. This has been fixed.
- Enhanced - The Contact Reports have been improved to allow the administrator to construct reports where sub table information is sorted, filtered to produce more targeted results. For example, you may only want to see Open sales for the contacts in the current lookup, with the open sales items sorted by Probability under each contact.
For the <#contactreport tag on the Reports.html, you can use field numbers for sortfieldx=y and scopefield1=y (sf1=y) with a table prefix. For example, to specify a field from the Activity table, use sf1=A25 for activity type.
To specify a sales field, use an S prefix (S25) for a Note/History field, use N or H (H25). Here are some example files/template that demonstrates this function.
Version 2003.11.09 (Released 04/08/2004)
- Enhanced - The Edit/Replace function can now be used to add history items (notes, call attempted, etc) to lookups. You need to update your EditReplace.html to take advantage of this feature. Here is an example. You will need to increase the size
of your Edit/Replace dialog window. in the Lookup.html, edit the <#EditReplace tag by adding WindowHeight=330
- Enhanced - The Email dialog can include Email Priority and Request Return Receipt. Here is an example email template.
- Enhanced - The Query function allows you to specify sort order for the results. Here is an example query.html template that demonstrates this function.
Version 2003.11.08 (Released 04/05/2004)
- Added - The Edit/Replace function is available from the Lookup page. This function allows you to edit/copy/swap information from Contact fields for the entire lookup. For example, if you wanted to copy the contents of the EMail field to a new custom field for your current lookup, you would use this function.
You must give a user permission to use this function, and the WiredContact service must be installed and functional. If you have customized your lookup.html, you'll need to add the <#EDITREPLACE> tag by hand. Click here to see an example of the <#EDITREPLACE> tag.
- Added - WiredContact now supports using a default email field other than the original ACT! Email field. The way that ACT! manages EMail makes it difficult to perform lookups/queries or reports using the EMail field. If you create another email field to use as your default email field, you'll be able to lookup, query and filter reports based on EMail.
To use - create a new email field in ACT!. Make sure the field has enough characters for email addresses - we would recommend 128 characters or larger. Then, use the Edit/Replace function above to copy email addresses from the original email field to the new email field. Then, in the login.html, add the following tag: <#defaultemailfield field=x> where x is the field number of the new email field.
Version 2003.11.07 (Released 3/26/2004)
- Fixed - The product feature designed to increase task list speed would occasionally fail to produce the desired results. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.11.06 (Released 3/19/2004)
- Fixed - If your server is using a European short date format, and you want WiredContact to display a U.S. date format, and you were using the <#locale shortdateformat="mm/dd/yyyy"> tag in the login.html to override your system settings - the dates on the notes, history and sales tabs were showing in the incorrect format - this has been fixed.
- Fixed - The <#DupCheck tag was not displaying a default message. Additionally, if you used the MSG="new duplicate message" parameter - it would only display the default message. This has been fixed
- Fixed - Various other minor customization fixes
Version 2003.11.05 (Released 3/17/2004)
- Fixed - In rare cases, version 2003.11.05 may cause IIS to lock up when viewing certain pages. This has been fixed in this version
- Enhanced - The <#layouttest tag has been updated to inlcude user, team, profile and record manager attributes:
You only need to use the <#layouttest tags in the primary template for a contact, group or navigation bar. You don't need them in each of your templates (having <#layouttest tags in all of your templates may lead to infinite loop conditions). The first test that matches will switch the layouts. You may have several tests in a single template.
As of 2004.08.08, <#layouttest applies to Contact, Group, Lookup, Report, UserPicker, Tasklist, Query, Navbar, NewSale, dbPage, dbList, Library, Personal Library.
- <#LAYOUTTEST FIELD=x VALUE="field value" file="contact layout file.html" >
If the value of fieldx is "field value" use the contact layout specified.
Use NOTBLANK=x in the parameters where x is the field number you want to test if the field is not blank.
- <#LAYOUTTEST recordmanager=yes file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is the record manager of the current record use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST recordmanager=no file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is not the record manager of the current record use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST team=Teamname file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is a member of the team specified use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST user="Chris Huffman" file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is the "Chris Huffman" use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST profile=security1 file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is assigned the security profile security1 use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST recordmanager=yes FIELD=x VALUE="field value" file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is the record manager of the current record and the value of field X is "field value", use the contact layout specified.
- <#LAYOUTTEST recordmanager=no user="Chris Huffman" file="contact layout file.html" >
If the current user is not the record manager of the current record and the current user is "Chris Huffman" use the contact layout specified.
Version 2003.11.04 (Released 3/11/2004)
- Fixed - Links on the Calendars to Activities (that are not Reschedule links and that are not links from icons) would not populate the activity information correctly. This has been fixed.
- Added - If you need to use two different languages on the server, you could translate everything but the Month/Day text on the calendars - as this was being pulled from the Operating System. Setting up two locales for the two different virtual directories proves to be problematic, aso as a workaround, you can assign month/day names to a virtual directory. In the Login.html, use a <#locale tag with parameters like Monday=Montag and September=Septiembre. You can use several <#locale tags in the login.html if the line gets too long to manage.
Version 2003.11.03 (Released 3/8/2004)
- Updated - Support for modifying the email message sent when selecting an email reminder for an activity. Click here to download the template. Add the activityemail.txt template to your WiredContact folder.
Version 2003.11.02 (Released 3/1/2004)
- Updated - Support for more than 40 fields per table in MS Access.
Version 2003.11.01 (Released 2/24/2004)
- Fixed - The select function for the lookup pages (omit selected/lookup selected) now work when you navigate to other lookup pages.
Additionally, the select options will stick, allowing you to go back and forth between contacts
and the lookup pages. As long as you don't perform another lookup, query or group membership lookup,
the selection items will stick until you press gthe Lookup Selected or Omit Selected buttons.
- Updated - The <#layouttest> tag now works for the navbar as well as the contact templates.
- Updated - the <#delete tag now works for the dblist function for MS Access databases. You need to inlcude delete parameters for tablename, linkname and linkvalue:
<#delete linkname=UNIQUEID linkvalue="<#field field=UNIQUEID>" tablename=WC_ONE2MANY>
Version 2003.10.11c (Released 2/12/2004)
- Added - Additional security options - allows the administrator to deny access to activities, history or sales based on teams or record manager
Version 2003.10.11b (Released 2/18/2004)
- Fixed - The File Upload functionality (See navbar.html - not part of the defautlt install) would permit end users to upload potentially dangerous files to the server. This issue has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.11a (Released 2/17/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.10.11a that would show a blank drop down list when using the new M option introduced in 2003.10.10. This issue has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.11 (Released 2/11/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.10.10 that will prohibit users from adding custom text to a regular drop down. This issue has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.10 (Released 2/10/2004)
- Fixed - If you have userid's that are only different because of numeric values in the name (user01, user02, etc.) these users would sometimes see lookup results generated by the other users with the same alpha characters in their name. This would also impact contact security. This issue has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.09 (Released 2/3/2004)
- Added - New drop down options for contact fields. Due to html limitations, you cannot edit a drop down box.
To overcome this limitation - WiredContact has used the Browser's User Prompt to allow you to edit information
presented in a drop down list. The limits to this approach are that you cannot modify the existing information
in a field - you were always presented with a blank prompt - and you could not select multiple items from a list.
WiredContact now supports two new prompts for drop down fields that allow you to edit in place the current contents
of a dropdown, as well as select multiple items from a drop down list.
You do not need to modify the field definitions in ACT! to take advantage of these features. The new features are enabled via the OPTIONS parameters
for an <#input tag in the contact.html. The option values now include:
- B: drop down can be blank (existing feature - default value)
- E: drop down can accept custom input (edit - existing feature - default value)
- A: custom text is added to the drop down for future use (existing feature)
- X: display field as a text field instead of a drop down (existing feature)
- N: override default options - field can't be blank and can't accept custom input (existing feature)
- S: use new dialog for accepting custom text or modifying existing text
- M: allow multiple selections from drop down via new dialog
To take advantage of the multiple items from a dropdown in the ID/Status field, you would use the options tag like this: <#input class=ContactBigTextField Field=34 options=BEM>
To take advantage of the new dialog for accepting custom text items from a dropdown in the ID/Status field, you would use the options tag like this: <#input class=ContactBigTextField Field=34 options=BES>
Version 2003.10.08 (Released 1/30/2004)
- Added - Ability to define contact templates/layouts in real time based on contact information. Use the syntax near the top of the contact template:
<#LAYOUTTEST FIELD=x VALUE="field value" file="<contact layout file.html>" >
where x is the field number of the field you want to test with (ID/Status would be field 34) and "field value" would be the value of the field where you would want the template to change, and the "contact layout file.html" would be the new template. So, for example, if ID Status was Customer and you wanted to switch to the Customer.html contact layout when ever the ID/Status field was customer, you would use:
<#LAYOUTTEST FIELD=34 VALUE="Customer" file="customer.html" >
in the contact.html file. If you had another layout for prospect, you would add:
<#LAYOUTTEST FIELD=34 VALUE="Prospect" file="contact_prospect.html" >
after the first LayoutTest tag. You can have as many layouttest tags as you need. You would need to create the additional contact templates - wiredcontact does not ship with a Customer.html or a contact_prospect.html file.
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2003.10.03. In rare cases the Calendar will not display for specific users with specific activities. Only happens rarely - but if your calendar is failing to display, and you have a version between 2003.10.03 and 2003.10.08 - you should upgrade.
Version 2003.10.07 (Released 1/25/2004)
- Fixed - Bug introduced with version 2003.10.06. If the user's permissions are set to Contact-No Update, activities on the TaskList could not be edited, even of the contact's record manager was the logged in user.
- Fixed - Emailing library documents when not using the default library paths would result in the email being sent with no docu,ent attached.
Version 2003.10.06 (Released 1/19/2004)
- Fixed - In some cases, the Access Database information added ia the DBList/DBPage templates would not get associated to a contact - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.05 (Released 1/13/2004 PM)
- Improved - Performance on Calendar and TaskList when the WiredContact Service is installed and the user is restricted by Record Manager or Team - in cases with large databases, improvement may be significant.
- Added - Ability to select contacts from the Lookup Results to either omit from the current lookup or to replace the current lookup. Click here for the new WiredX3 example lookup.html, and here for the WiredContact Classic example. You will only need to look at the examples if you have modified your lookup.html file.
- Added - Ability to forward emails (and other history items) via email from the history tab. Use <#fwd in the history.html to enable. You can use an IMG parameter. By using TYPE=x TYPE=y parameters, you can specify what history types you would like to forward. The default is 16 (email). See HistoryTypes.txt for more history types. A new image, forward_email.gif, has been placed i nyour images folder in this install. If you have not modified your history.html - the forward icon will show automatically.
Version 2003.10.04 (Released 1/13/2004 AM)
- Added - For the <#ACTION tags on the contact.html - you can now use showalways=yes to allow users that are restricted from using a certain element to be able to add those elements. For example, if the user is restricted to NoUpdate on contacts where they are not the record manager, you may want them to add notes. By using ShowAlways=yes in the <#ACTION FUNCTION=NewNote tag - the new note icon will always be visible.
Version 2003.10.03 (Released 1/9/2004)
- Fixed - Issue introduced in 2003.10.03 where the "Close" dialog would not show correctly when sending a mass email - this would not affect the sending of the actual email - just the "Close" dialog after. This has been fixed
- Fixed - Security issue where the user is restricted in some way, but is permitted to see other contact information in the Lookup Results - if the lookup results only returned 1 contact - the user would be taken directly to that contact's record in error. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.02a (Released 12/30/2003)
- Added - ability to modify the way information is displayed in the day, week and month calendars. The information that is displayed for a single activity is encompassed in the following tags:
Place the activity strings between these tags. Here's an example section of the calendar template: calendar.html
- <#DAY>...<#/DAY>: Day Calendar activity
- <#WEEK>...<#/WEEK>: Week Calendar activity
- <#MONTH>...<#/MONTH>: Month Calendar activity
- <#DAYCONTINUE>...<#/DAYCONTINUE>: Day calendar activity continued
All tags that are available to contact or activity tables are available here. Use <#CONTACT FIELD=x> for contact fields. Special tags to consider: <#icon with a type=typeimage will display the image for a call, meeting or todo. <#icon with a type=usericon will show the user's color when more than one user are displayed on the calendar.
Version 2003.10.02 (Released 12/29/2003)
- Fixed - Issue introduced in 2003.10.02 where field drop down lists on the Report Wizards would show blank has been fixed.
Version 2003.10.01 (Released 12/26/2003)
- Fixed - Error introduced in version 2003.10.01 would give you an error message when linking from a completed report to a report item (contact, sales item, etc.) - this has been fixed.
- Enhanced - <#queryfields tag (query.html or lookup.html if you have no query.html) and <#scopefields tag (report wizards). New parameters: function=add or function=remove or function=only: when using the field=x field=y field=z parameters, the function parameter will determine how the fields are handled.
"add" will add the fields specified to the list. "remove" will remove the specified fields, and "only" will show only those fields.
- Added - You can use FieldLabels.txt file to override field labels from the database. use x=label where x is the field number and label is the desired value. Place one field number/value per line. Useful for translating the labels of system fields.
Version 2003.09.04a (Released 12/10/2003)
- Added - Mailing labels. To create mailing labels, go to the Contact Report wizard and select one of the Avery templates. The Avery5063Logo and Avery5064Logo templates have WiredContact logos on them.
- Added - Mail Merge. You must give permission for a user to perform a mail merge in the WiredContact Configuration program.
You must modify exising letter templates in order to use mail merge.
Example templates (DemoMailMergeLetter) have been included in this release.
Special Mail Merge tags include: <#nobreak> is used for x3 templates that already have page breaks.
<#multirecipients> is used to show the mail merge icon or hyperlink on a letter.
<#singlemsg value=""> is used to display a message when the letter is going to a single person.
<#multimsg value=""> is used to display a message when the letter is going to a a mail merge.
- Enhanced - <#DupCheck tryagain=yes>. The dupcheck tag has another parameter: tryagain=yes if you want the user to have the opportunity of correcting their entry, instead of taking the user to the duplicate contact.
Version 2003.09.04 (Released 12/09/2003 pm)
- Fixed - On sites with heavily customized contact.html files, there is a possibility of an error when deleting a contact. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Possibility of seeing the duplicate contact warning message on all contacts, even when not saving. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.09.03a (Released 12/08/2003 pm)
- Fixed - The new tag parsing algorithm introduced in 2003.08.09 would cause the application to hang when deleting a contact. This has been fixed. New testing tools were developed to test the new tag parsing algorithm to ensure that no other bugs from this portion of the application exist.
Version 2003.09.03 (Released 12/08/2003)
- Fixed - The new tag parsing algorithm introduced in 2003.08.09 would cause the application to hang if you had an unused WiredContact tag on a template. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.09.02a (Released 12/07/2003 pm)
- Fixed - Reports utilizing some system fields for sorting/scoping were not working properly - this has been fixed.
Version 2003.09.02 (Released 12/07/2003)
- Fixed - The new tag parsing algorithm introduced in 2003.08.09 would cause the application to hang if you had unbalanced quotation marks in a WiredContact tag - for example, if you use <#img field=59 border="0 alt="Test Image">, the border parameter has an unbalanced quotation mark in specifying the value. This has been fixed. Unbalanced quotation marks in parameters are syntactically incorrect and may produce inconsistent results.
Version 2003.09.01 (Released 12/05/2003)
- Enhanced - Sales reports can now be scoped and sorted by the GroupID (Group) field from the Sales Report Wizard.
- Enhanced - You can use the <#Count> tag to display the count of items in the Summary and Total lines for a Sales report
Version 2003.08.09 (Released 12/03/2003)
- Added - Support for Mass Email using SMTP servers that limit spam. In the WiredContact Configuration, you can now setup the mass email engine to pause every x emails for y seconds.
- Enhanced - When using the GroupID field in the Non-Contact views, the group name will appear instead of the actual value of the GroupID field.
- Enhanced - Group ID field now shows up correctly on the EditHistory.html dialog when used in a <#input...> tag
- Enhanced - You can add the Group field to the New Note dialog by adding the following parameter to the <#newnote...> tag in the note.html template: showgroup=yes
Version 2003.08.08 (Released 12/01/2003 pm)
- Enhanced - The email dialog (smtp.html) has been enhanced to allow the user to specify that they only want the subject of an email recorded to history, instead of the entire text of the email. You have to add the <#RecordHistoryText value="Record Subject Only"> tag to the smtp.html template. An easy place to add this would be in a new row after the last personal library attachment tag. It would look something like this:
<tr><td class=label colspan=4><#RecordHistoryText value="Record Subject Only"></td></tr>
- Enhanced - The <#email tag accepts new parameters: LabelAfter="label value" places a label after the image if an image is specified. LabelBefore="label value" places a label before the image if an image is specified. RecordSubjectOnly=yes to automatically check the Record To Subject Only checkbox - if the checkbox has been added to the email dialog (see above).
Version 2003.08.07 (Released 12/01/2003 am)
- Fixed - Static contact reports that limited the output scope to one of more users was producing incorrect results - this has been fixed.
- Fixed - Contact fields in a contact report with a field type of date were sorting incorrectly.
- Enhanced - You may now sort the TaskList based on contact fields. In the <#label> tag, use a field number with a C in front of the digits. For example, to be able to sort the TaskList by Contact ID/Status, use: <#label field=C34 sortable=yes>
Version 2003.08.06 (Released 11/26/2003)
- Enhanced - Formatting options for the <#Contact> tag in reports are now consistent with the <#field> tags for the contact templates
Version 2003.08.05 (Released 11/25/2003)
- Fixed - In some cases, when sending a mass email with an attachment from the Library or Personal Library, the file would be deleted from the Library/Personal Library
- Fixed - If your WiredContact install folder name has a space in it, the Lookup to Group function was not working properly. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.08.04 (Released 11/20/2003)
- Enhanced - The <#AllowFollowup> tag has been expanded to use all of the parameters the <#Schedule tag uses, including Regarding, Priority, Type, Timeless, Date, Time, PlusDays, etc. Also, this tag has been made available to the Sales.html template as well as the Activity.html template.
- Enhanced - Added parameters for duplicate checking (see 2003.07.04, 2003.08.02). Use OnUpdate=yes if you want to use the duplicate checking process when saving an existing contact in addition to adding new contacts.
Version 2003.08.03 (Released 11/19/2003)
- Enhanced - Sales reports now sort/summarize appropriately with contact fields.
- Fixed - Won sales items were showing up on Sales reports as Open.
Version 2003.08.02 (Released 11/18/2003)
- Fixed - In some rare cases, the WiredContact Service would stop for apparently no reason. This would happen more often when using mass email than standard reports and queries. If you are having trouble with your WC Service stopping, apply this update.
Version 2003.08.01b (Released 11/12/2003 PM)
- Enhanced - Added parameters for duplicate checking (see 2003.07.04). Use CheckBlanks=yes if you want to use blank values in fields as part of your duplicate checking criteria. Use Anymatch=yes if you want any single field to signify a duplicate (like SSN and/or Student ID)
Version 2003.08.01a (Released 11/12/2003)
- Fixed - The <#sequence> tag for sales/opportunities wasn't working properly - introduced with version 2003.08.01.
Version 2003.08.01 (Released 11/11/2003)
- Fixed - Application errors when accessing the Group Sales list.
Version 2003.07.05a (Released 11/05/2003)
- Added - Ability to sort and specify criteria for contact information has been added to sales, history and activity reports. For example, all sales with ID/Status of Customer with a probability > 50. Automatically shows up in report wizards. For creating report links, use C in front of the field number to specify contact information. For example, C34 would be the contact ID/Status field.
- Added - Ability to sort and specify criteria for group information has been added to sales, history and activity reports. For example, all sales associated with a group named "Territory 1" with a probability > 50. Not available in report wizard reports. For creating report links, use G in front of the field number to specify contact information. For example, G25 would be the group name field.
- Added - New tag for static sales, history, and activity reports: <#mygroups>. When specified, limits results to those items associated with the groups a user has been restricted to.
- Added - New parameter for the <#scopedate tag on the report wizard templates. Specify field=x where x is the field number of the field you wish to add to the Scope Date field list.
Version 2003.07.05 (Released 11/04/2003)
- Fixed - Rollover functionality would only roll activities over to tomorrow. This release rolls them over to the date specified on the roll over form.
- Note - The Rollover icon wasn't in the Tasklist for the x3 install in the 2003.07.05 release. It's in this release.
Version 2003.07.04a (Released 10/31/2003 PM)
- Added - Rollover functionality from the Task List. Roll over selected activities to a specified date. Activity list is generated from the current Task List. If you have modified your Tasklist.html, you'll need to add a <#RollOver> tag. The default location is to the right of the <#All> tag.
- Added - Ability to reverse sort the Task List. Click on column labels to sort/reverse sort.
Version 2003.07.04 (Released 10/31/2003 AM)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.07.04: If you send an html email without entering any text in the message area, you would see an error message, of if a broadcast email, the message would not be sent. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.07.03a (Released 10/27/2003)
- Fixed - In extremely rare cases, an email sent with an html email template may be incomplete when received. This has been fixed.
- Added - Duplicate checking has been made available. Use <#DupCheck field=x field=y> near the top of the contact.html where x and y are fields you want to use for duplicate checking. Fields are only checked if they are not blank. If the contact is a duplicate, the information added by the user will be lost, and they will be taken to the contact's record.
Version 2003.07.03 (Released 10/27/2003)
Version 2003.07.02 (Released 10/24/2003)
- Fixed - Checkboxes and Radio Buttons were not working well on the Group pages - this has been fixed.
- Added - Checkboxes and Radio buttons have been added to the Lead Form function. Example lead forms and links will be available shortly. If you need an example immediately, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 2003.07.01 (Released 10/20/2003)
- Fixed - There were some circumstances where a user that has a "No Update" security profile may be able to modify non-contact information, such as notes, history, activities, sales/opps. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - Under rare circumstances when the ACT! database is in need of a compress and reindex, the mass email mail merge may incorrectly merge some fields. Additional efforts have been implemented to resolve this issue.
- Enhanced - Text email templates may now be included with HTML templates. Use <#message html=yes> in the html template.
- Added - You are now able to use custom templates for any function. Use page=mytemplate.html in the url.
Version 2003.06.07 (Released 10/14/2003)
- Added - Support for Group Reports.
- Added - Support for the WiredContact Service Application Queue monitor.
- Note - Documentation and examples for Group Reports, the WC Service App Queue monitor and the WiredContact Lead forms will be made available shortly.
Version 2003.06.06 (Released 10/09/2003)
- Enhanced - Ability to add to the Sidebar an icon that will bring you back to the contact view on the last contact you were on. Use the URL: actweb.dll?function=contact?dyn=y&page=frcontact.html. If you add &lup=0, it will always go to the first contact in the list, instead of the last one you visited.
- Enhanced - Ability to specify a page attribute with ?function=lookup. This enables you to redirect a dynamic lookup to a lookup page that loads the contact views as described above when the page loads. An example of a dynamic lookup that would load and display all contacts where the Lookup Field is Company and the Search criteria is "A" (all contacts where company starts with "A": actweb.dll?function=lookup&dyn=y&lu1=25&search1=A&page=lookup_1.html. Click here to see the Lookup_1.html text.
- Enhanced - Ability to use Teams for the Static Report links. If you use the text users=team instead of users=<#USERNAME> then the report will use the users in the Teams that the logged in user belongs to to create the report instead of just the logged in user.
Version 2003.06.05a (Released 10/07/2003)
- Fixed - <#TEXTAREA> tag has been fixed to not show the drop down icon if the field is not a drop down. You can suppress the drop down icon by using the options=x parameter.
Version 2003.06.05 (Released 10/07/2003)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.06.03 would not allow items in the personal library to be shown. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.06.03 (Released 10/03/2003)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.06.03 would prohibit the Private Library from displaying. This has been fixed.
- Updated - Query behavior has changed: if you are using the WiredContact Service, Queries will be handled by the service unless the WiredContact Service application is busy, then it will be processed by the web interface.
- Updated - Additional WiredContact Service App enhancements - bad report requests will be cleared on service restart or server reboot.
Version 2003.06.02 (Released 10/01/2003)
- Fixed - previous versions would not perform a "contains" query when building a report. This has been fixed.
Version 2003.06.01 (Released 09/29/2003)
- Fixed - previous versions would not limit report output if scoping dates were used in the report wizards with no field defined. This resulted in reports appearing to stop working for large databases with a lot of history.
Version 2003.05.10 (Released 09/25/2003)
- Added - Support for the Monthly calendar. If you have modified your calendar.html, you'll need to rename it before you run the Setup...Repair so you get the latest version
- Note - The UnwiredContact Demo site is up and functional. Point your web enabled cell phone to http://126.96.36.199/uwc.
Version 2003.05.09 (Released 09/23/2003)
- Added - Popup list to <#textarea> tags for Contact fields. Use OPTIONS=X to suppress.
- Fixed - Issue with the report engine introduced with the new security restrictions for non-contact views introduced in 2003.05.09 where activities/sales/histories would not show up when appropriate has been fixed.
Version 2003.05.07 (Released 09/10/2003)
- Improved - Reliability to sending mass email to new groups.
- Improved - Security for restricting non-contact information. You can now fine tune restrictions for Activities, Notes/Histories and Sales.
- Fixed - Restrictions to non contact information was not passing through to the Tasklist, Calendar and Reports. This has been fixed.
- Fixed - WiredContact Dialer - recent enhancements to Internet Explorer have hampered the ability of the WiredContact dialer to find the current phone number. Go to the Preferences dialog to include your ACT! credentials to fix.
- Note - To improved performance of the TaskList and Calendar for users with Contact Restrictions, in addition to the contact restrictions (Record Manager/Team) restrict the Activities for Non-Contact views to the same Record manager/Team restriction for improved performance.
- Fixed - Some non-US versions of ACT! were unable to display the My Contacts or Recent Contact links. This has been fixed.
- Added - Ability to specify how you want the Salutation field filled in. The default is First Name. You can now use Name Prefix+Lastname (Mr. Smith for example) or as entered (no automatic salutation).
Version 2003.05.05 (Released 09/08/2003)
- Fixed - If not using the WiredContact Service, the Query no longer gives you a previous Lookup when you click on the Next link. Also, Query now displays in the Query screen when navigating through a Query. (The old behavior was to move to the Lookup screen)
Version 2003.05.04 (Released 09/05/2003)
- Enhanced - Contact report lookup speed. If you have a large database or a lot of contact fields, you need to apply this update if you use contact reports
- Added - Ability to restrict what fields are displayed in the Query drop down lists. Use this tag: <#queryfields field=x field=y field=z rows=5> where x, y, and z are field numbers of contact fields that you want to display. Specify as many fields as you wish. Rows indicates the number of search items you can use.
- Added - Ability to restrict what fields are displayed in the Report Wizards. Add field=x to the <#scopefield> and <#sortfield> tags. (see above)
Version 2003.05.03 (Released 09/03/2003)
- Updated - Added ability to localize (translate) some areas not previously covered.
Version 2003.05.02 (Released 08/28/2003)
- Fixed - Issue where you could click on some tabs from the group view and not be prompted to save your changes.
- Added - New ZipCode Connection update - call and ask for an eval! (US and Canada)
Version 2003.05.01 (Released 08/25/2003)
- Fixed - Issue where some fields in the New Sale dialog would not accept OPTIONS attributes.
- Added - WiredContact Automatic backup program. Allows you to setup daily backups, as well as email backups of your ACT! database and other files. See readme.txt in the AutoBackup folder.
Version 2003.04.12a (Released 08/04/2003)
- Updated - Mapping functions. Updated cmapit.html and cdriveit.html to work with new Yahoo Maps.
Version 2003.04.12 (Released 08/03/2003)
- Fixed - Bug introduced in 2003.04.12 in creating a letter. The press to prepare button would ask you to download the letter.
Version 2003.04.11 (Released 07/29/2003)
- Added - Enhanced queries options on report wizards.
Version 2003.04.10 (Released 07/25/2003)
- Enhanced - Query functions. Saved queries may now contain conditions for up to 25 fields. Added drop down help for Queries and Contact reports.
Version 2003.04.09 (Released 07/07/2003)
- Added - Log file indicating the times users log on and off. You need to modify your login.html for the logfiles to show up. Add <#logfile value=on mask="'logs\logfile 'yyyymmdd"> anywhere in the login.html to create the logfiles on a daily basis in the logs folder under the WiredContact installation folder. You can change the frequency of the files that are created by changing the mask.
- Enhanced - Speed of Tasklist and Scheduling improved.
Version 2003.04.08a (Released 07/07/2003)
- Fixed = Issue introduced with 2003.04.07 where email with addresses in the bcc line of an email message were not getting delivered to.
Version 2003.04.08 (Released 07/07/2003)
- Fixed = Issue introduced with 2003.04.07 where the WiredContact Configuration program would fail to connect to a site if the last site visited was https.
Version 2003.04.07 (Released 07/03/2003)
- Fixed - Issue with displaying the week calendar - in some instances the hours would not line up across the week.
- Added - To the history templates - <#FILTERHISTORYTYPE> tag. Consult the history.txt file to see history types. For example, to filter Sales information (won/lost) from the history tabs, use <#FILTERHISTORYTYPE type=57 type=58>
- Added - To contact non-contact views (activity.html, notes.html, history.html, attachment.html) <#DAYS> tag. Limits the items displayed to items not older than x days. For example, <#DAYS VALUE=90> will limit items in list to items not older than 90 days.
- Added - Automatically checks for SSL - displays report links correctly even if the https checkbox has not been checked ahead of time.
- Added - Dialog to modify the first and last names of a contact. Useful for when the first or last name of a contact is not obvious. Impacts sorting and lookups.
Version 2003.04.06 (Released 07/01/2003)
- Fixed - Issue where sites using SSL are unable to use links on Reports. Check the https checkbox on the Site Information tab of the WiredContact Configuration program is this applies.
- Fixed - Bug that might allow you to create a new sales opportunity for a group without a contact link
- Fixed - Bug that would send you to the beginning of the list of Group Contacts when deleting a contact from a Group.
- Added - Hidden BCC on email templates. You can create email links with a hidden BCC field (HBCC="email address") or place a hidden bcc field on the smtp.html template (<input type=hidden name=hbcc value="email address">)
Version 2003.04.05 (Released 06/26/2003)
- Added - Improved Tasklist filtering options. Use <#input in the <#filterdetail section to allow filtering by the contents of text fields in the activity and contact tables. For example, you can use: Regarding Starts With <#input field=27 operator="starts with"> Operator values include Starts With, Contains and "=". You can use contact fields by placing a "C" in front of the field number. For example: ID/Status Contains <#input field=C34 operator="Contains">.
- Added - Saved query functionality. New template: savequery.html.
Version 2003.04.04 (Released 06/25/2003)
- Improved Attachment handling. Additional settings in the WiredContact Configuration program allow you to use different folders for saving and recording attachments. This enables the administrator to specify a local path to save attachments, and a LAN Share Path for recording the attachment in the ACT! database, resulting in less restrictive setup requirements for attachments. For example, the IIS user can save the attachments to the c:\inetpub\wiredx3 folder, which makes the attachments available to all WiredContact users, and record the attachments in ACT! to \\Server\SharePath, making it available to the ACT! users on the LAN. This method reduces the security requirements placed on the IIS user to save attachments.
Version 2003.04.03 (Released 06/24/2003)
- Fixed - cosmetic bug introduced in 2003.04.03 that would display "/td>" at the end of the groups tabs.
- Added - Sort order on the TaskList is now sticky by user.
Version 2003.04.02 (Released 06/19/2003)
- Added - Ability to place Attach Files icon on Group detail.
- Added - Ability to place Schedule icon on Group detail.
- Added - Ability to add custom button label to the <#ALLOWFOLLOWUP value="Follow Up"> tag on the Schedule dialog.
- Added - Ability to place custom <#CLOSENOW Value="Close Now"> tags on all confirmation dialogs.
- Added - <#MANDATORY field=x field=y field=z etc... > tag to make mandatory fields in WiredContact easier to implement. Place this tag near the top of your contact.html, after the <#JSCRIPT> tag.
Version 2003.04.01 (Released 06/16/2003)
- Fixed - Bug that would not let you record an unscheduled activity for another user.
- Fixed - ZipCode Connection so that when city/state/country are added, the save icon flashes and the Save message is activated.
- Fixed - Bug with Query that occurs when the WiredContact Service Application is not active, causing query results to not display correctly after a contact has been clicked on.
- Added - Activity icons on day calendar
- Added - Parameter to show day labels over the monthly calendars on the Schedule dialog. Modify Schedule.html. Add the parameter showdays=yes to the <#month> tags. For example: <#month showdays=yes>
- Improved team security to allow multiple team memberships per user.
- Added Restrict Edits/Deletes by Team Membership
- Added Restrict information in non-contact views (history, activities, sales/opps) by Team Memberships.
- Fixed bug introduced with 2003.03.10 that allowed contact deletes for Record Managers restricted to Edits/Deletes by Record manager.
- Added WiredContact Service function to release ACT! login after every report - reduces time required to restart WiredContact Service application.
- Added Lead Form processing